The Catapult is an inanimate unit, operated by Builders, which launches large boulders at enemies to do area-of-effect damage. Catapults are strong against tightly-packed hordes of Greedlings. They are also able to kill Floaters in one hit as well as deal heavy damage to Breeders. However, it suffers from a lack of accuracy much like archers. Catapults can also hit and damage walls if their shots manage to miss their mark badly enough.
At least one Builder is required to move or operate a catapult, but two Builders speeds up operation. Builders are necessary for the catapult to reload, but the catapult launches boulders by itself (No help is needed.) Builders can only ever move a catapult in the forwards direction; if the outer wall is destroyed, they cannot pull the catapult back. Once a catapult is put behind an outer wall, it remains there until a new outer wall is built.
Siege Workshop Edit
The Siege Workshop is where Catapults are built. The Kingdom has access to catapults after the Town Center is upgraded to a town hall. Once upgraded, a Siege Workshop appears on the left side of the Town Center. The building consists of a left half and a right half, and giving 6 coins to either side orders a Catapult to be built for that respective side.
- A catapult left outside the outer wall can become a liability as it forces builders to go past the wall to reload the catapult, even when monsters are still attacking.
- A catapult was once able to knock coins out from the player if the Monarch stood near the catapult when it is firing. If players had no coins, it would have knocked off the crown and if the Monarch was facing the wrong direction, the crown might have landed outside the wall next to one of the attacking monsters. This was the only friendly fire mechanic in the game, but after patch v1.03, catapults can no longer hit the Monarch.
- Most of the boulders thrown by a catapult will get destroyed upon contact with the ground, but some will remain that breeders can then pick them up and throw back at your walls and subjects.
- Activating the Archer Shrine does not increase the accuracy of the catapults.
- A loaded but unmanned catapult left in the wilderness will launch one boulder at the Greed without the help of any NPCs.
|Kingdom Wiki Pages|
|Catapults||The Boat||Siege Workshop|
|Statues||Architecture Shrine||Vagrant Camps||Merchant Settlement|
|Hermit Cottage||Mount Areas||Portals||Signpost|
|Villagers||Vagrants||The Merchant||The Financier|
|Blazons||Islands||Seasons & Daycycles||Unlockables|
|Tools||Coins||Tax Chest||Treasure Chests|