| Kingdom: New Lands Content Only
The information on this page pertains solely to newlands Kingdom: New Lands
The Boat (Also known as the Ship or Ferry) is a new game mechanic introduced in Kingdom: New Lands. This is the primary method in which the player moves from island to island, and only by completing construction and embarking on it while it is docked will the player finish the current level.
Use of the Boat Edit
On every island, not far away from the encampment, are the broken remnants of a ship. The broken ship has a cost of ten coin to begin the project for restoring it to working order. Then the player must buy 59 ship parts at a price of two coins each, costing 118 coins of ship parts. Each part has to be hammered by Builders to be added on the ship. Also note that on the first island the first 26 parts forming the armature are given free, lowering the cost of the parts by half. Once every part added, two more coins must be paid for the ship to fall into the river.
Push to the sea Edit
Once construction is complete, paying 2 more coins gives the order for the ship to be dropped into the river. Up to four Archers take residence in the crow's nest and aft tower, and they act as regular archer towers. Up to three builders assist in slowly pushing it towards the dock at the end of the map. This ship crew will be with you for your next island.
The Monarch can also order the seaside Knights to escort the ship. Instead of rushing the Portals the Knights and their guard run off to catch up with the ship, wherever it is, and start walking with it, killing every Monster that they can. The Crusade can still be started even if there is no portal left, but only up to four Knights can escort the ship. All the Knights, Archers, and Builders escorting the ship board it at the dock and become its crew.
The speed of the boat depends on the terrain, being greatly slowed by the forest. The number of builders affects the speed only minimally, if at all.
Leaving the Island Edit
Once the Boat has reached the dock, the Monarch must pay 10 coins to embark. The player will then board the boat and leave that island. As they leave, they will be greeted with a message stating 'The Crown is Safe', and displaying the number of the day. A unique music will also start playing. After skipping message, the map of the world will be shown and the player is able to choose where they want to go, if it's not their first game. If it is, they will be moved onto the next island.
Upon arriving at the new island, the Boat will have crashed and all the crew aboard disembark and remain by the boat until the new settlement is established. Once this done, the gameplay cycle restarts on a new land.
- The direction of the dock can easily be determined without exploration by beginning the repair work on the ship. Whichever way the prow is pointed after the initial ten coins have been paid is the way that the boat will be pushed once it is in the water.
- Archers that have boarded the boat can act as mobile attackers. If a Deer or enemy comes close to the boat, the archers will attack until either they or the target are killed. After their death, more crew members will take their spot if there are others available to do so.
- In the early stages of the game, building the boat and leaving the land does not 'win' the game, it merely moves the player from one land to another.
- Sending knights towards the boat once the portals are cleared will have them escort the boat to the dock, or if it's already at the dock, they will embark upon it. Once embarked, they will accompany you to the next island. You can send multiple groups to board the boat, at the cost of four coins each.
- As long as the Player doesn't skip it, the boat travel scene appears to be indefinite. At some point even the music will end, leaving just the sounds of the sea.
|Kingdom Wiki Pages|
|Catapults||The Boat||Siege Workshop|
|Statues||Architecture Shrine||Vagrant Camps||Merchant Settlement|
|Hermit Cottage||Mount Areas||Portals||Signpost|
|Villagers||Vagrants||The Merchant||The Financier|
|Blazons||Islands||Seasons & Daycycles||Unlockables|
|Tools||Coins||Tax Chest||Treasure Chests|