- Not to be confused with counterattacks after destroying a portal, which also makes the moon turn red in newlands New Lands.
The Blood Moon is a night-time event that is characterized by an unusually large assault of enemies. Unlike regular nights, where monsters can attack from both sides, blood moon attacks are only ever from one side.
During a Blood Moon, the sky and the moon both acquire a red hue, with ominous ambiance and music accompanying the changes, often catching a newer player unaware if they've never experienced the event before.
If all portals have been destroyed, the moon will not turn red and no monsters will spawn, but there will still be a storm and the Blood Moon music will play that night.
All Blood Moon events will happen after five or six normal days. So the first Blood Moon will take place on Day V or VI. If it happens on Day V, the second will take place either on Day X or Day XI. If the 1st happened on Day VI, the 2nd will take place on Day XI or XII; and so on.
If the player wants to track more exactly when the Blood Moon will come, they'll need to take notes about the last time it happened.
Blood Moons are usually preceded by rainy or cloudy weather, as well as being fairly predictable by the frequency in which they occur.
|1st||Features only high amounts of regular Greedlings.|
|3rd||Will usually include Floaters.|
|5th||Breeders join in the attacks as well.|
The attacks scale in number over time, much like regular attacks, making it a formidable challenge to overcome in later days, particularly after Day XXX.
The next night Edit
All portals exhaust their resources to fuel the Blood Moon wave and so will shut down for the subsequent day, which prevents the regular monster's wave from spawning the next night. So, after each Blood Moon the kingdom will witness a day, a night and another day completely free from the Greed.
This time may be usefull to (listed from the less to the more agressive):
- reconstruct the walls, recruit and equip townsfolk that may have lost their tools and coins durring the Blood Moon attack;
- deforest far from the village, as builders will have enough time to return to safety — this may be particularly useful to deforestations starting from a grass field far after a wood section, to prevent the destruction of a vagrant camp or a merchant settlement adjacent to the town;
- expand the kingdom frontiers, building a wall very far from the already stablished walls — this will give an extra time for builders to upgrade the wall to tier 4, and for knights, archers and catapult to join the new defense point;
- seize a portal very far from the kingdom frontier — this will give extra time for the knights to arrive at the portal without having to encounter/defeat the regular monster's wave that spawns every night.
If the monarch choses the more agressive option, the portal being attacked do will spawn greedlings to defend itself. And if the portal is destroyed, the counterattack will follow independent if it's still during the scheduled peaceful time after the Blood Moon.
- As of the Kingdom 1.2 Beta, rare occasions can see multiple blood moons in rapid succession. This feature persists into the New Lands expansion.
|Kingdom Wiki Pages|
|Knights||The Financier||The Merchant||Hermits|
|Siege Workshop & Catapult||The Boat|
|Vagrants (Camps)||Wildlife||Mounts||Architecture Shrine|
|Blazons||Islands||Seasons & Daycycles||Tools|
|Coins||Tax Chest||Patch Notes||Achievements|