The Blazon is the Kingdom's coat of arms. Its colours appear on banners and shields around the Kingdom. Every new Monarch is randomly assigned a fresh Blazon. The player can alternatively choose to set the Kingdom's Blazon manually through the game's settings.
Note: The use of blazons is different in Kingdom: Classic. See "Use of Blazons in Kingdom: Classic" at the end of this page.
Creating the Kingdom's Blazon Edit
The major source for the following information is Steam user Bow Vagrant's guide "How to Create a Blazon!"
In the game's settings, the player can set the Kingdom's Blazon by typing a phrase with the proper syntax in the text box at the bottom and selecting "Set Blazon". That syntax is:
[1st Tincture], An [Ordinary] [2nd Tincture], A [Charge] [3rd Tincture]
(Commas are not necessary but are included for clarity.)
- Ordinary refers to the geometric patterns that appear in the blazon's background.
- The charge is the animal or other shape that appears in the center.
- Tincture refers to the colour or metal of the prior feature.
- The first tincture is the primary colour for the Kingdom, and it appears on the Monarch's cape and on banners.
- The second tincture modifies the ordinary, and it appear on banners and shields.
- The third tincture modifies the charge.
For example, "Navy, a saltire white, a lion red" produces a navy-colored blazon with a white saltire and a red lion. There are a multitude of possible tinctures, ordinaries, and charges for a Kingdom's Blazon.
*Due to a bug, charges cannot have the tinctures "orange" or "orchid"--the game reads them both as "or", as shown in their images.
Even more tinctures are included in the following list (From on Steam user PINK MACHINE's guide) :
- Black, Sable, Grey, Argent, Silver, White, Snow, Gainsboro, Linen, Wheat, Antiquewhite, Darkgray, Dimgray, Floralwhite, Ghostwhite, Lightgray, Lightslategray
- Red, Brown, Maroon, Gules, Crimson, Indianred, Orangered, Mistyrose, Darkred, Firebrick, Lightsalmon
- Orange, Gold, Or, Chocolate, Coral, Lightcoral, Moccasin, Navajowhite, Darkorange
- Yellow, Tan, Bisque, Ivory, Beige, Cornsilk, Goldenrod, Khaki, Lemonchiffon, Blanchedalmond, Burlywood, Darkgoldenrod, Darkkhaki, Yellowgreen, Lightgoldenrodyellow, Lightyellow, Oldlace, Pale Goldenrod, Papayawhip
- Green, Vert, Lime, LightGreen, Olive, Chartreuse, Honeydew, Springgreen, Mediumseagreen, Lawngreen, Darkgreen, Darkolivegreen, Seagreen, Darkseagreen, Darkslategray, Forestgreen, Greenyellow, Lightseagreen, Mediumaquamarine, Mediumspringreen, Mintcream, Palegreen
- Blue, Azure, Teal, Cyan, Aqua, Turquoise, Lightblue, Navy, Lightcyan, Midnightblue, Slateblue, Cadetblue, Aliceblue, Aquamarine, Cornflowerblue, Darkblue, Darkcyan, Darkslateblue, Darkturquoise, Deepskyblue, Dodgerblue, Lighskyblue, Lightsteelblue, Mediumslateblue, Mediumturquoise, Paleturquoise
- Indigo, Violet, Purple, Lavender, Plum, Mediumpurple, Blueviolet, Darkmagenta, Darkviolet
- Pink, Fuchsia, Magenta, Purpure, Orchid, Hotpink, Darkorchid, Darksalmon, Deeppink, Lavenderblush, Lightpink, MediumVioletRed, Palevioletred
The articles (i.e. a/an) on the following are required. A blazon must have exactly one ordinary, so if the player wants a solid background, he or she can choose any ordinary and make it the same colour as the background.
|A Pale||A Fess|
|A Cross||A Saltire|
|Party Per Pale||Party Per Cross|
|A Chief||A Bordure|
|An Armadillo||A Bear|
|A Dragon||An Eagle|
|A Fish||A Hydra|
|A Lizard||An Owl|
|A Snake||A Squirrel|
|A Stag||A Wolf's Head|
|A Crumps||An Eye|
|A Gronkh||A Jack Pattillo|
|A Kiwo||A Sips|
Use of Blazons in Kingdom: ClassicEdit
In the game there are various blazons, or coats of arms, which are all randomly generated. They appear in-game once the Base is upgraded to level 2. The generated blazon can be made permanent by spending 3 coins on the banner. If a player wishes to go back to randomly generated blazons, it can be done by double-clicking on the shield in the pause menu. The blazon becomes once again randomly generated once this is done correctly.
- Fun fact: Gules (Red), Azure (Blue), Sable (Black), Vert (Green), and Purpure (Purple) are the primary "colours" for heraldry. "Metals" include Or (Gold) and Argent (Silver).
- Crumps, Gronkh, Jack Pattillo, Kiwo, and Sips are YouTubers who have played either Kingdom: Classic or Kingdom: New Lands.
Please note that the following blazons may also appear in any colours.
- ↑ Bow Vagrant. (2016, August 18). How to Create a Blazon! Accessed from http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=742092962.
- ↑ PINK MACHINE. (2017, February 28). Kingdom: New Lands Research. Retrieved from http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=742122898.
- ↑ Ancestors of Dovor Ltd. Heraldry - a guide to your Coat of Arms. Retrieved from http://www.heraldicexpress.co.uk/heraldry-a-guide-to-your-coat-of-arms.