The Blazon is the Kingdom's coat of arms. Its colors appear on banners and shields around the Kingdom. Every new Monarch is randomly assigned a fresh Blazon. The player can alternatively choose to set the Kingdom's Blazon manually through the game's settings.
Note: The Blazon and its appearance have no impact on gameplay mechanics; it is a purely cosmetic feature.
Note also: The use of blazons is different in Kingdom: Classic. See "Use of Blazons in Kingdom: Classic" at the end of this page.
Creating the Kingdom's Blazon Edit
In the game's settings, the player can set the Kingdom's Blazon by typing a phrase with the proper syntax in the text box at the bottom and selecting "Set Blazon". That syntax is:
[1st Tincture], An [Ordinary] [2nd Tincture], A [Charge] [3rd Tincture]
(Commas are not necessary but are included for clarity.)
- Ordinary refers to the geometric patterns that appear in the blazon's background.
- Charge is the animal or shape that appears in the center.
- Tincture refers to the color or metal of the prior feature.
- The first tincture is the primary color for the Kingdom, and it appears on the King's cape, on the Queen's dress and on banners.
- The second tincture modifies the ordinary, and it appears on banners and shields.
- The third tincture modifies the charge.
Navy a saltire white a lion red produces a navy-colored blazon with a white saltire and a red lion. There is a multitude of possible tinctures, ordinaries, and charges for a Kingdom's Blazon.
- Black, Sable, Grey, Argent, Silver, White, Snow, Gainsboro, Linen, Wheat, Antiquewhite, Darkgray, Dimgray, Floralwhite, Ghostwhite, Lightgray, Lightslategray
- Red, Brown, Maroon, Gules, Crimson, Indianred, Orangered, Mistyrose, Darkred, Firebrick, Lightsalmon
- Orange, Gold, Or, Chocolate, Coral, Lightcoral, Moccasin, Navajowhite, Darkorange
- Yellow, Tan, Bisque, Ivory, Beige, Cornsilk, Goldenrod, Khaki, Lemonchiffon, Blanchedalmond, Burlywood, Darkgoldenrod, Darkkhaki, Yellowgreen, Lightgoldenrodyellow, Lightyellow, Oldlace, Pale Goldenrod, Papayawhip
- Green, Vert, Lime, LightGreen, Olive, Chartreuse, Honeydew, Springgreen, Mediumseagreen, Lawngreen, Darkgreen, Darkolivegreen, Seagreen, Darkseagreen, Darkslategray, Forestgreen, Greenyellow, Lightseagreen, Mediumaquamarine, Mediumspringreen, Mintcream, Palegreen
- Blue, Azure, Teal, Cyan, Aqua, Turquoise, Lightblue, Navy, Lightcyan, Midnightblue, Slateblue, Cadetblue, Aliceblue, Aquamarine, Cornflowerblue, Darkblue, Darkcyan, Darkslateblue, Darkturquoise, Deepskyblue, Dodgerblue, Lighskyblue, Lightsteelblue, Mediumslateblue, Mediumturquoise, Paleturquoise
- Indigo, Violet, Purple, Lavender, Plum, Mediumpurple, Blueviolet, Darkmagenta, Darkviolet
- Pink, Fuchsia, Magenta, Purpure, Orchid, Hotpink, Darkorchid, Darksalmon, Deeppink, Lavenderblush, Lightpink, MediumVioletRed, Palevioletred
The articles (i.e. a/an) on the following are required--discluding the last six, repeated-pattern ordinaries (lozengy, chequy, bendy, bendy sinister, chevronny, and five annulets.) A blazon must have exactly one ordinary, so if the player wants a solid background, he or she can choose any ordinary and make it the same colour as the background.
|A Fess||A Pale|
|A Cross||A Saltire|
|Party Per Pale||Party Per Cross|
|A Chief||A Bordure|
|An Armadillo||A Bear|
|A Dragon||An Eagle|
|A Fish||A Hydra|
|A Lizard||An Owl|
|A Snake||A Squirrel|
|A Stag||A Wolf's Head|
|A Crumps||An Eye|
|A Gronkh||A Jack Pattillo|
|A Kiwo||A Sips|
Use of Blazons in Kingdom: Classic Edit
There are various blazons, or coats of arms, which are all randomly generated at the beginning of a brand new save game. They are visible at pause screen and appear in the scenario once the campfire is upgraded to village tents.
The generated blazon can be made permanent by spending 3 coins on the banner. If a player wishes to go back to randomly generated blazons, it can be done by double-clicking on the shield in the pause menu. The blazon becomes once again randomly generated once this is done correctly.
Achievement decorations Edit
- newlands Kingdom: New Lands:
There are four common and one special achievement that grant unique decorations to the blazon. These decorations only appear on the pause screen's blazon, not changing any banner in the kingdom's structures. These achievements with their rewarded decorations are listed bellow:
|Birth of a Reign||Escape any island.||Carved leaves on both sides of the blazon.|
|Interior Decoration||Escape 1st and 2nd islands.||A pair of deer antlers.|
|Heraldic Achievement||Beat any 5 islands in a row without losing/restarting.||A pair of lit candles on metal candle holders.|
|Crowned||Escape the 5th island.||A golden Crown on the top of the blazon.|
|Skull Island||Destory all portals in the Skull Island.||Four skulls at the bottom of the blazon.|
All decorations are removed if the player starts a new game from the map, except for the skulls and the crown.
classic Kingdom Classic:
The pause screen blazon in Kingdom: Classic also has decorations that are based on the Monarch's success. They appear to persist across different Monarchs, but their connections to achievements are less visible. The crown seems to be awarded for winning 1 game. The carved leaves also exist...
- Heraldic terminology: Gules (Red), Azure (Blue), Sable (Black), Vert (Green), and Purpure (Purple) are the primary "colours" for heraldry. "Metals" include Or (Gold) and Argent (Silver).
Please note that the following blazons may also appear in any colours.
- ↑ The major source for the information in this section is the Steam user Bow Vagrant's guide: How to Create a Blazon! (2016, August 18).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Due to a bug, charges cannot have the tinctures "orange" or "orchid"--the game reads them both as "or", as shown in their images.
- ↑ From Steam user Pink Machine's guide (2017, February 28): Kingdom: New Lands Research..
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 Crumps, "An Eye" (Jack Septic Eye), Gronkh, Jack Pattillo, Kiwo, and Sips are youtubers who have played either Kingdom Classic or New Lands.
- ↑ Tested in version 1.2.8: the player may repeat islands for this achievement.
I, Sapador, deleted my save files, started a brand new save game. This process removes even the Crown and the skulls from the blazon. And I got the candles after doing islands 1, 2, 1 again, 2 again and 3, i. e. five islands in a row, without losing or restarting.
- ↑ Ancestors of Dover Ltd. Heraldry - a guide to your Coat of Arms.
|Kingdom Wiki Pages|
|Knights||The Financier||The Merchant||Hermits|
|Siege Workshop & Catapult||The Boat|
|Vagrants (Camps)||Wildlife||Mounts||Architecture Shrine|
|Blazons||Islands||Seasons & Daycycles||Tools|
|Coins||Tax Chest||Patch Notes||Achievements|